Wednesday, December 8, 2010

List #381: Track List of a Classic Mix Tape 3

List #381: Track List of a Classic Mix Tape 3

A:" Beatles and Stuff"
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - Beatles
Help from my friends - Beatles
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds- Beatles
Twist and Shout - Beatles
Beatles Forever - EHS Wind Ensemble '9?
Cannonball - Breeders
Cut Your Hair - Pavement
Sister Havana - Urge Overkill
???
Longview - Greenday
Blackhole Sun - Soundgarden
Sunday, Bloody Sunday - U2
Kim the Waitress - Material Issue

B:"This is the Walrus"
Get off This - Cracker
Soul to Squeeze - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Blues Music - G. Love and the Special Sauce
Shine - Collective Soul
Man in the Box - Alice in Chains
????
Higher Ground - RHCP
Hobo humpin slobo babe - Whale
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Tori Amos
I Am the Walrus - Beatles
Amazing Grace - Canadian Brass
Pachlebel Canon - Canadian Brass

Bonus Historical Notes: The first side is Beatles themed for sure. I listened to this tape quite a bit while being a CIT at The Camp I Used To Be Affiliated With. I really like the Tori Amos "Teen Spirit." I think I know what the ??? songs are now, but I didn't have time to listen to the tape again, I only was copying liner notes. Notice that the Canadian Brass "Pachelbel Canon" appears again. "Soul to Squeeze" is still one of the best songs ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment