Friday, April 8, 2011

List #467: Youth Hockey Memories

List #467: Youth Hockey Memories

1. My Teams: Wheeler (squirt D, C), Piedmont (Squirt B)
2. Collecting Hockey card stickers to put on my helmet
3. Crying so hard (at age 6) when I got my first penalty (because I was innocent) that I had to go home
4. Being offered a dollar for a goal and 50c for an assist from my grandpa (career lifetime salary <15$)
5. Awesome Fans
6. Hiding one of our players in a locker in the locker room after he punched someone in the handshake
7. Hanging out with friends between games at tournaments (and the little pom-poms the mom's would make)
8. Taking up skiing when it became clear that I wasn't good enough to keep playing on the same team as all of my friends would be on.

Bonus list: Things I don't remember
1. The outcome (Score-wise) of any game or tournament
2. It being un-fun, a waste of time, or a bad experience, even thought I quit

No comments:

Post a Comment