Monday, October 17, 2011

List #659: 5 Book or Reading Related Experiences of My Youth

List #659: 5 Book or Reading Related Experiences of My Youth (6th grade or younger)

1. Being told I wasn't allowed to read under a tree during open field as a camper / being laughed at by cabinmates for wanting to read before lights out (because I said that I came to camp, in part, to relax and read)
2. Winning the Read-A-Thon for my school in 3rd or 4th grade
3. Writing and making books (with wallpaper scrap covers) in 1st and 2nd grade
4. The first book I ever read alone: "Monsters Come in Many Colors" ~Kindergarten?
5. Trying to read "The Silmarillion" as a 6th grader (and needing an extra encyclopedia/compendium to 'get it.'... still one of my favorite books. Glad I challenged myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment