Thursday, July 16, 2009

List #166 Things I've really enjoyed so far this week at Camp Alexander

List #166: Things I really enjoyed this week at Camp Alexander

1. Being a Camp Counselor for the 15th consecutive summer
2. Working with super great bosses
3. Meeting cool new camp staff and realizing the universality of counselor coolness
4. Playing with new daycampers and realizing the universality of daycamper coolness
5. follwoing 3&4: realizing that it's now only the physical grounds of Camp Miller that I'm really still missing this summer.
6. learning that the correct response to "everybody stand up" is "I love to stand up, it's my favorite thing to do."
7. Singing all my camp songs and teaching all my camp games to kids to whom they were new, original and exciting
8. Shooting an arrow from a bow
9. My daycamp group (the Agents of Orange) and their rhyming names
10. Losing to Gumball in ping-pong
11. Another cool co-counselor (it's like I'm a magnet for them)
12. Remembering that, yes, in fact, despite what the Duluth Y people thought, I am actually pretty dadgum good at what I do.
13. Dinner with the Fountaines and talking to Summer and Gavin about books.
14. Doing the Bee Skit
15. Running around and Yelling and Singing things with reckless abandon
16. Getting a size Medium Staff Shirt
17. Initiatives
18. Learning some new songs (I hope I remember them)
19. living in a ridiculously posh cabin

and most importantly

20. Getting to be freaking MUFFIN (or Mr. Muffin, which "Say Goodnight" Gracie called me (though I missed little Alex a bit when she did)) again!

No comments:

Post a Comment