Tuesday, September 15, 2009

List #227: Favorite NFL Memories

List #227: Favorite NFL Memories (that's National Forensics League beeatches)

1. The "Drugs for Creativity" Bill in Congress
2. The Crowbar of Justice vs Grand Rapids
3. Quoting "Bambi," Primus, Miles Davis and "The Lost World" in rounds
4. When Jeremy had to use my Case against me because his briefcase was locked and RB was the judge
5. Pretending to be Jeremy for one round at Zenith City
6. The overly high concentration of pyromaniacs
7. Stanley the Wiffle Ball
8. THEOOTBSC
10. The make-up room and Jackson 5 at the FLake Speech Tournament
11. When Jeremy got a 10th place trophy at Red Wing debate when I actually placed 7th but the ballot room messed up
12. Winning plaques in Congress
13. Getting Tilden nominated for Nationals for Congress (with the "man of great Scope" sonnet)
14. Lakeville Debate Camp
15. Being kicked off the team, and having Dave get me reinstated (and he made the coach cry)
16. 2 years of Creative Depres...I mean Expression for speech using epic Poetry I wrote in Middle School (one was a poem somewhat similar to Lion/Witch/Wardrobe but set in a gym locker instead of a wardrobe. The other began "Now Gather 'round children / and sit at my feet / and I'll tell you the tale of / The nightmare on Sesame street" and involved Freddy Kruger, a lot of Mace and Super Grover)
17. Taking 2nd place at our home meet the first time I did Original Oratory (about dinosaurs, decluttering and stress)
18. Giving back to back aff/neg speeches in congress rebutting myself
19. The mints, the Mint and the still life with silver platter
20. Arguing by analogy (esp. the House of Cards analogy deconstruction against Maggie Weller)
21. Novice meets
22. Trivial Pursuit in a Can
23. Overnight tournaments almost every weekend
24. The girl with the blue hair at the first debate tournament of junior year
25. Writing my case on the bus, with a scissors and gluestick for the tournament in #24
26. Eating a Habanero (and a lot of dirty snow) tagging along to watch NFLs for speech freshman year.
27. Ethos and Toy Store
28. Meeting pretty much all of my best friends in HS! People I still love and respect to this day.
29. Making semifinals at Zenith City my sophomore year
30. Having a Briefcase, Wearing a tie to school, talking to walls
31. Being told by a judge that "your second rebuttal" was a work of art, when I had really just made it up as I went along
32. Passing notes in Congress
33. Getting my Quad Ruby pin
34. Cool people on other teams
35. Enemies on other teams
36. The malleable rules of Seniority
37. Learning that it's a severe crime to make cool goggles out of a coathanger and two hotel-door peep-holes
38. The Shaft of Wisdom, it's Velvet sheath (and the year it spent in a hotel)
39. Learning more useful research/writing/structuring-an-argument/being-prepared-for-college skills than from any AP class.
40. Probably a ton of other awesome memories: if you remember anything, feel free to post!

No comments:

Post a Comment