Friday, August 5, 2011

List #586: 5 Thoughts on the Bela Fleck and the Flecktones Show Last Night

List #586: 10 Thoughts on the Bela Fleck and the Flecktones Show Last Night

1. Even if I still miss Jeff Coffin (grrrrrr.... DMB), it's nice to have Howard Levy back because he wails on the harp, and the piano fills out the sound
2. I must be polytheist, because both Victor Wooten and Bela Fleck both have the Right Hand of God
3. Future Man had a new Drumitar
4. They played "Big Country" which is my favorite, and was unexpected (and was the only song from the Coffin Era)
5. The 4th row isn't a bad place to see them from (though last time I was in the 4th row, Bela sat down next to me and played the Big Country solo)
6. The Big Top is a fun Venue
7. Victor had more groove and less slap than normal (and was channeling Stanley Clarke throughout the evening)
8. There were no Hippos thrown (and I was even in range... sadface)
9. Quotations from "Caravan", "Well You Needn't," and "A Night in Tunisia" from Howard, and a ton of classical references from Bela
10. I didn't notice any references to "The Wizard of Oz" this show

No comments:

Post a Comment