Monday, December 5, 2011

List #708: Thoughts on Viewing the St. Olaf Christmas Fest Live at a Movie Theater

List #708: Thoughts on Viewing the St. Olaf Christmas Fest Live at a Movie Theater

1. Aside from one small child, we were the youngest people there by at least 15 years
2. The videography was very well done
3. The sound was very good, but I was hoping for full crazy THX Suround Dolby whatever
4. I can't even imagine how big it must have sounded live
5. They tucked my brother way out in a corner of the stage, so it took me a while to find him (which gave me flashbacks), but his hair got decent screen time
6. The trumpet players in the orchestra got a work out
7. The St. Olaf Choir was really good (actually maybe too precise for some of the songs)
8. The Chapel Choir had the best musical selections (others thought the Manitou singers did)
9. There was no Jazz Band, so I still like the DEHS Christmas concert better ;)
10. It was way cooler than just singing for the White House (sorry Carleton... I promise that this is the only time where I think that the Oles win).

No comments:

Post a Comment