Monday, June 29, 2009

List #149: Things I loved about Being CiLT director

List #149: Things I loved about Being CiLT director for the 5 years I did it (general or specific)

1. Working with former CiLTs that became awesome Counselors
2. Monday Morning Bocce / Koob
3. Toobeez Core Values games
4. Kick the Can night
5. Awesome Co-Directors (even my Sister)
6. Theme Dinners
7. "Types of Leadership" activity night
8. The Long Table
9. Writing the Rules as a Group
10. Thinking of the awesomest Awards and, yes, even writing CiLT letters (so much better than Parent Letters because they actually mean something)
11. Cool Nicknames for group bonding
12. Mafia
13. FotAY and Initiatives Day(s)
14. Breakfast Cookouts
15. River Trips (when we could afford them)
16. Parachute Games and Brain Teasers
17. Being Program Staff but also getting to have Campers
18. Working with young adults who you can have a conversation with
19. Super CiLTs and call-back weeks
20. Making something awesome to sign (the flag, the chunk of wood)
21. So many other things (and, to think, at first I didn't want the job... Travis used his masterful leadership to make me come to the realization that I did)

No comments:

Post a Comment