Thursday, January 28, 2010

List #363: Ways TV has made me a better person

List #363: Ways TV has made me a better person, or things I have learned (and the show that did it)

1. The alphabet is awesome and people are different and a million other things(Sesame Street (PBS FTW!))
2. Books are awesome (Reading Rainbow (though that's more reinforcement))
3. Knowing is Half the Battle (G.I. JOE)
4. Politcs are interesting and I should care about them (The West Wing)
5. School Librarianship is exciting (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
6. History is awesome (Connections)
7. Family is important, no matter how crazy (Arrested Development)
8. Good Police are valuable, and also Stay out of Baltimore(The Wire)
9. It's okay to wear suits and nice clothing (How I Met Your Mother (Barney))
10. Our Planet and it's inhabitants matter (any animal show, and I watched A LOT of them when I was younger... and now)

Bonus list: Ways TV has misled me
1. Unrealistic expectations for ease of romance (pretty much all tv)
2. Being a lawyer means wearing awesome clothes and giving awesome speeches all the time (Boston Legal)

No comments:

Post a Comment