Friday, May 8, 2009

List #97: Best Teachers I've had

List #97: Best Teachers I've had (since it was teacher appreciation day this week)

1. Mr. Spehar, 4th Grade (Lincoln Elementary): for putting me on the right track
2. Ms. Olson (7th grade English, Woodland Middle): for being the first 'cool' teacher
3. Mrs. Knapp (7th grade Geography) for the geography bee
4. Mr. Kunze #1 (PE, Middle school) and Mr. Kunze #2 (PE, Duluth East High School) for making a nerdy kid like gymclass and intramurals
5. Torm (Band! High School)for many reasons
6. Mrs. Warmanen (English, 9th, 10th, AP 11th) for being fun
7. Mrs. Jablonski (10th grade American History) - the 10 Rs, and for making me realize I love history (and for buying us icecream and ordering pizzas)
8. Mr. Kinnunen (11th grade Social Studies)
9. Prof. Jamie Monson (African History, Carleton College) for South African History
10. Prof. Melinda Russell (Ethnomusicology, Carleton) for freshman seminar
11. Prof. Steve Kelly (Jazz studies, Carleton) for advising my independent study
12. Prof. Atony Carr (History, University of North Wales, Bangor) for a great seminar class
13. Prof. Susannah Ottaway (History, Carleton) for being a great advisor and setting me on my present course
14. Prof. Trent Hill (iSchool, UW) for making the transition to grad school easy
15. Prof. David Levy (iSchool, UW) for History of Recorded Information (also with Sandra Kroupa)

No comments:

Post a Comment